The Faculty of Law, the first Moldovan law faculty - whose direct successor is the current profile faculty of the "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University of Iasi - began its existence on June 3, 1830.
At that moment, with duel solemnity, the law course in Romaniaa Language was inaugurated by the state jurist, Christian Flechtenmacher.
When the University of Iași was founded in 1860, the Faculty of Law was the only one that functioned with all three years of study, having, at the same time, the largest number of professors.
The mission of the Faculty of Law is to provide training based on excellence, to promote research in the field of legal sciences and to be a partner for the whole community.
Today, the Faculty of Law brings together over 2000 students and 40 teachers, a bachelor's program, 7 master's programs and a Doctoral School.
Every day in the life of the Faculty is an opportunity for becoming, dialogue and excellence!
In absentia lucis, tenebrae vincunt